The rules of the game
What counts as a 3six5dates ‘date’?
There are some basic rules to 3six5dates. Some are obvious, and some are a bit more specific.
Most have been designed to allow us to explore a whole variety of issues and ideas on love, sex and relationships. However, some are simply to allow our writers a bit of flexibility which will utlimately lead to more interesting dating – and articles for you!
The Rules of the Game
- Each of the 4 women will go on at least 92 dates within a one year time frame. That equates to more than 365 dates a year between all 4 women – a date a day! Is finding love, just a numbers game?
- For each date they attend, they will write an online ‘reality’ blog. They will diarise and review the date with their honest opinion and account of their thoughts, feelings and what happened. We want, above all, to be truthful about what real women think on love, sex and relationships.
- All four women must be of course single! That is, they are not in a romantic relationship of any kind prior to undertaking the project.
- Each date must last for at least one hour. Long enough to give it a chance, but short enough so that it is not too painful if it is a horrible date!
- It needs to be pretty obvious that one party fancies the other, or that both individuals know they are on a date.
- A date can be a one-on-one, or a set of couples together. Random individuals in a group does not count!
- Dates can be secured in any way.
- If online dating is used, our women can experiment with different versions of profiles about themselves, however all information and photos used for these profiles must be truthful in nature.
- Our women can, at their discretion, reveal that they are blogging about the date. However, they can not openly solicit dates this way. ie. they can not formally ‘advertise’ that they are participating in 3six5dates. We want to, as much as possible, maintain the ‘natural’ cycle of dating.
- Each of the women can have up to and including 10 dates with the same, one individual. This is because we are not aiming to get through as many men as possible. We want to see people and relationships change and grow.
- If any of the women go on more than 10 dates with the same, one individual, they must agree to continue to date others. This is because we want to explore the concept of whether when you believe you have found ‘the one’, if it might be possible to find another ‘the one’.
- Due to privacy reasons, we can not publish images where the individuals on the dates are identifiable (unless we have their written consent).
What do you think?
If you are a Psychologist, run a dating website/blog or just plain opinionated, we invite you to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you and would be happy to swap links.
Interested guest bloggers are also encouraged to get in touch with us. We are always intrigued by what else is happening in the dating world! Contact us.